Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week Seven - Play Activity

Post a photo a day - Exploring tags and image sharing



The play activity for week seven required students to post a photo a day for seven days via either Flickr or Instagram. As I was late to prepare my submission, I opted to select seven photos from seven non-consecutive days that I took in the weeks prior to the deadline. These were uploaded to Flickr in one day. The most recent shot was taken on August 20.

To view the photos in my photostream, head here - Kahli's photostream

To view the work of the cohort, head here - Class photos

Initially I just used creative titles and tags that identified whatever the image depicted. However, in order to help others in the INN333 class to find my images (without having to look for the INN333 Week 7 Activity (2013) group) I decided to add course related tags.

In terms of sharing my images with other people, I was happy to showcase my work and aimed to select the photos I found most aesthetically pleasing. While I'm happy for my work to be viewed, I'm not able to commit to the idea of other people using my images. I'm sure most people would do the right thing and credit the picture to the photographer, but I'm still uncertain of what could happen to my work as it moves from person to person.

No comments:

Post a Comment