Monday, August 5, 2013

Week One - Play/ Reflect

This week there was no formal post required but I thought I'd recap on what tasks we had to carry out.

We were encouraged to familiarise ourselves with the unit through checking out the resources on blackboard and reading the study guide. It was also compulsory to set up a Facebook account and join the Facebook group set up for this class. I thought it was interesting that it was a requirement of the course and was keen to see how people would react to this.

As part of signing up to facebook we had to introduce ourselves to our peers through answering the questions outlined below:
  • who you are
  • what degree and major you're in
  • where you're up to with your studies
  • what you're hoping to get out of the unit
  • one thing about yourself that no body in the class knows
Below is a print screen of my introductory Facebook post. 



The idea of personal learning networks (PLNs) was also introduced. I touched on this briefly in my general thoughts this week and I definitely think that I'll be able to develop as both a student and information professional through harnessing a network with my peers. I think Facebook will make this process easier to some degree though I think it will depend on the level and quality of interactions that take place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment